- 1 firm block tofu
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 stalk spring onion (optional)
- Juice of 1 Kaffir Lime
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 red chili sliced
- Cut tofu into cubes. Toss them in a box with a lid and add 2 tablespoons of corn starch (I wasn’t very accurate as you can tell). Shake the box to evenly coat the tofu.
- In a hot pan, add 1 tablespoon of oil, add the tofu and to get and even cook flipping the tofu intermittently. While the tofu is cooking, in a mixing bowl, combine light & dark soy sauce, juice from 1 kaffir lime, red chili, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon of water.
- When the tofu is cooked, pour the sauce into the pan and let the tofu cook for a minute. Transfer to bowl, garnish with spring onions and serve warm with rice or noodles.