- 1 white onion
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 knobs of butter (or olive oil if vegan)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Chives or spring onions optionally
- In a flat pan, add 2 knobs of butter until they melt. Make sure the heat is low or medium.
- Add the sliced white onion. It might look like its too much but the whole thing will melt down. Let that slow roast for over 45 minutes, tossing and turning it over time.
- Add salt and a pinch of sugar.
- Serve on some toast with balsamic vinegar and chives or spring onions