- 2 waxy potatoes
- 1 medium red onion finely diced
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 egg (for washing the pastry, use oil as a vegan alternative)
- Puff Pastry
- Peel 2 medium sized potatoes and dice into small cubes. Add to boiling water and cook for 8-9 minutes until soft and drain ensuring very little water.
- In parallel, in a pan, add 2 tablespoons oil, diced onions and curry powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder and salt. Cook onions for 4-5 minutes. Add drained potatoes and cook together till the potatoes mush. Add a spoon of water if required to de-glaze the pan. Taste for salt and adjust. Keep aside to cool.
- Roll out semi-thawed puff pastry and cut them into strips of 4. Lightly brush puff pastry with oil. Add 1 tablespoon of potato filling and fold into a triangle alternating each corner. Press the ends, transfer to baking tray and brush with egg wash or oil.
- Pre-heat oven 205 degrees celcius for 10 minutes. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until beautiful and golden brown. Happily serve this with some ketchup or a garlic yogurty dip if you’re still keeping the whole thing bougie.